Photos by Miss Ann is located in downtown Plymouth Michigan. We are excited to photograph your precious newborns as art! Newborn sessions are my creative BLISS and one of our specializations. Today we wanted to share with you some pieces of helpful information on how we handle our newborn sessions.
Preparing For Your Michigan Newborn Session:
- Once you have decided to schedule a session with Photos by Miss Ann, we will set a tentative date based on your due date. I understand that deliveries rarely come when predicted and we will accommodate upon his/her arrival.
- Once your infant is born, please contact us and we will firm up our scheduled date and time.
- Babies are best photographed in the first 10 days in order to capture their newness. Why? They will also sleep better in our poses, they also do not have colic yet, and typically haven’t started developing baby acne or cradle cap. Side note: If you are a c-section Mom… I know that recovery can be slow and painful. Some of our clients send baby to our studio with dad and grandma.
- When we schedule your session, we will have a conversation about what you are looking for… Do you want only pictures of the baby? Are you more interested in your infant being photographed with family then in some of my props? Are there specific poses you are looking for? For example, one of you is in the military. Do you want your infant to be photographed with props that you will bring from home like a flag or service hat? Are you bringing siblings? Will Dad be there? Do you want some skin on skin shots? All of these questions will help us to build a session that is a perfect fit for you.
- Our home studio is styled in 1920’s flare with many antiques and unique props. Your newborn photos will be taken at our home studio in Plymouth, Michigan. We do also offer in-home sessions if you would rather have us travel to your home for a small fee.
- Please do not feed your infant before coming to see us. I will give you space and time to feed the baby and sooth him/her to sleep once you arrive. The reason this works best is that if you feed your baby before you come he/she will start his sleep cycle while in his car seat. We want him to do that at the studio so he/she is more posable.
- Please bring a pacifier even if you’re not a fan or do not think the baby will take it. This will help me to sooth your baby in between poses.
- I photograph babies with no clothes on. I have yet to photograph a newborn in clothes and hope that I am never asked to do so. Newborn babies just do not fill out clothes properly and they are so much sweeter without all that bulky fabric. I would be happy to schedule another session down the road to photograph your baby in any special outfits, especially christening outfits.
- What should you wear? Something comfortable. I typically do not ever show anything below the waist in a newborn family portrait. As far as tops are concerned I LOVE black tank tops for Moms. Black shirts and blouses are best (solid colors) for the family portraits. Bring something to change into after I am done photographing you with baby that is nice and cool. We keep our home studio very warm at around 76-80 degrees. It is all about the baby’s comfort level.
- I strongly encourage you to bring any special hats, headbands, bracelets etc…. You may not like what I have and I may fall in love with what you bring. So not only will your additions give us more to choose from they are also extra special since they belong to your little one.
- If you have scheduled your session in the late afternoon / early evening please take traffic into consideration. We begin promptly.
- Lastly, if you should think of anything before you come please feel free to contact me. I am never without my iphone and email! I will respond in a very timely manner.
- Our turn around time is ~10 days for online viewing/ordering of your images and if you purchase a high resolution disc or images the turn around time is ~10 days.
- Please visit our Photos by Miss Ann, Facebook page for our latest work or feel free to review our Plymouth, Michigan newborn photographer on our website as well.
We look forward to hearing from you! With a smile, Ann Peters
(C) All rights reserved, Photos by Miss Ann 2002-2013.